RNG - A pipeline quality gas that is fully interchangeable with conventional natural gas
Renewable Natural Gas captures emissions from society’s waste streams and redeems its energy value, RNG has the lowest lifecycle carbon intensity (CI) of any clean energy source available today. RNG is fully interchangeable with conventional natural gas and is produced by capturing otherwise environmentally damaging methane waste and using that gas to offset conventional natural gas production.
RNG helps combat climate change and offers a way to respond to regulatory pressure to cut greenhouse gas emissions. ODIN is excited to be working in this energy market.
Let's Talk About Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)
What is Renewable Natural Gas (RNG)?
- RNG is produced by processing and cleaning methane-rich gas, also referred to as biogas, from waste streams to create a pipeline-quality gas that is fully interchangeable with traditional natural gas.
Where do we get biogas from and how is RNG produced?
- RNG is produced by the decomposition of organic matter under anaerobic conditions
- The biogas used to produce RNG comes from a variety of sources, these include:
- Municipal solid waste landfills.
- Digesters at water resource recovery facilities (wastewater treatment plants).
- Livestock farms.
- Food production facilities and organic waste management operations.
How is RNG transported?
- Once the RNG is captured and treated, it can be injected and transported either through natural gas pipelines or by compression or cryogenic processes and trucked to other locations.
What are the benefits of RNG?
- RNG enables the capture of raw methane waste emissions.
- RNG offsets conventional fuel consumption.
- RNG cuts production and waste disposal costs.
ODIN Provides EPC Solutions and Services for Clients Looking to Develop RNG Capabilities
ODIN works and has experience with the RNG equipment that is utilized to convert methane emissions to natural gas. We support lifecycle project development including, collection, pre-treatment, launcher/receiver pigging, filtering/separation, metering, heating, pressure control, odorization, and blending into the distribution system.
In conjunction with the physical gas processing, ODIN has extensive experience with controls and monitoring via local PLC and remote SCADA systems.
- Pigging operations
- Pressure reduction
- Overpressure protection
- Odorant injection
- Gas chromatography
2 Highwood Dr.
Tewksbury, MA 01876
100 Front St.
West Conshohocken, PA 19428